Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Meditation Boot Camp

One of the contributors to my happiness is to always have an atmosphere of growth.  
I love learning.  
Meditation is known to be one of the most helpful ways to have a peaceful, calm life.  
I want to add this to my practice of living my best life. 
I have tried and failed at this before so now it is time for the hard core approach.   
Since I have a hard time doing everything, all the time, I propose the Boot Camp Life.  
Boot Camp is a short, intensive, and rigorous course of training.  
So this month's boot camp will be for meditation.  

When getting ready for a boot camp you need certain things before you start.  You need supplies, products and attitude adjustments.  I've got my star stickers just waiting to be used.  Of course, I am shooting for perfection, that all or nothing high of accomplishment.  I've got to have mental discipline and self control.   

Oh yeah, and set aside the time to actually do it.  


My plan of attack ( this is war on slacking!) is to do my meditation first thing in the morning on the days I am home.  Get it out of the way, I mean start my day off with peace and calm (and a sticker on the calendar!).  On work days I will come home, eat lunch and do my meditation before my boot camp work out on Tuesday and Thursday.  It's a boot camp life for me. 


Now to figure out the exact details....
How long do I have to meditate for it to count? What is the minimum time? If I meditate for 1 minute do I get a star?  Does a visualization exercise count as meditation?  Can I meditate while exercising in my other 'real' boot camp? If I meditate twice in one day do I receive two stars which could cancel out a non meditating day?  Does writing down 5 things I am thankful for count as an abundance meditation? Is there such a thing as laughter meditation?....because there is laughter yoga.

WAIT!

Meditation is not another "to do."
It is an invitation to stop "doing."
But I really want to have meditation in my life.
And how we spend our time is a choice.
Instead of "I don't have time", I will just do it or say "it's not a priority."
I say it is a priority.
I choose to do it.
Now get up, march over there and get going on that meditation.
Right now!

I have several openings in this Meditation Boot Camp if you want to join me.  
Go buy your stickers!
Take a deep breath.
Ready?



Ommmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment