Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Marathon

Boston Marathon


Another sad day in our history.  Terror, fear, horror, so many words to describe this day... but we must keep believing.

Belief is trust, faith or confidence in something.  

I believe media saturation increases fear.  Maybe turn off your TV and meditate.

Belief is the magic in our lives to keep us going through adversity and tough times.
Belief supports our dreams even when there is no evidence.
There are many things to believe in today, the day after violence has stolen our peace.
Everyone has to find something to believe in, that they can call their own mantra.

I believe in the smile of a child, the inner knowing of wisdom, the way we all come together in times of sorrow to help one another.  I believe that every good and valuable thing you do in life, makes your world a better place to be.  I believe in the science of happiness and that you can be happy and sad at the same time.

I believe we are all here for a purpose and we have to explore to find the meaning of something greater, a bigger plan.  

I believe in the energy of love, all kinds, even the unconditional love shown by the wagging tail of a dog that greets you at the end of the day.

I believe we are all connected and it is a small world with many sorrows and surprises to remind us to make a difference.........whenever, where ever we can.  

I posted a quote on Facebook tonight, "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers.  You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster", I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers-so many caring people in the world." -Mr. Rogers

Thank you to those helpers, doing their jobs with caring, bravery and heart.

When evil stalks us, we must believe we can turn the tide......

Darkness cannot drive out darkness:  only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate:  only love can do that.  -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Keep the light on today to prove we will come out of this darkness......

Sending thoughts, energy and love to Boston.

Live for what matters!  


2 comments: