Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Affirmations - Too Good To Be True?

An affirmation is a declaration that something is true; a positive statement.
   
Words are very powerful, whether spoken aloud or repeated in thought.
  
You can change your conscious thinking, visualize success, improve self esteem, manifest abundance and make your life better.

Are affirmations too good to be true?

Research has shown that if you want to improve, change a habit, attitude, motivation or situation, you can visualize yourself as if you have already changed.
Affirmations are a powerful tool.
The benefits of affirmations are improved health, inspiration for lifting spirits and they can give you a sense of balance.

Your present reality is a direct result of your thinking, 
so if you change your thinking, 
you change your reality.  
Affirmations change your thinking.  

How do I write an affirmation?

-Set aside quiet time (I know, huh?)
-Empty your mind
-Focus on area you want to improve or change
-Brainstorm
-Visualize the new you
-Include specific details
-Positive words
-Use present tense
-Short and specific
-Easy to remember

Examples of words to include:
have, do, now, feel, look, more, heal, see, I am, I will, I choose

OR

Affirmations can be found on the Internet, in books or phone and computer apps,
which might just be easier than composing your own.  You choose which way would work best for you.
Make sure the words speaks to you and address what you are trying to improve or change.

By giving your mind some positive self-talk, 
you can create energy to turn your dreams into reality. 

Bring out the best in you, write or find an affirmation and retrain your conscious mind to affirm the positive.

Some of my favorite affirmations:

I Can Do It
Life is Good
Today, I choose to be happy.
I love and appreciate myself unconditionally.
I am whole and complete just the way I am.
I will accept the things I cannot change.
Keep Calm and Carry On.
Make it Work.
Don't Sweat the Small Stuff.

and my wish for you....

Hakuna Matata!
which translates, 
no worries for the rest of your days.



No comments:

Post a Comment