Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Change Your Brain

Change your mind, then the brain changes, and you will make permanent, lasting changes.

Take a few hours or minutes (I know you're busy!) and dream of a new reality for your life.  

Think it, imagine it, see it, feel it.  Mentally rehearse what this transformation would feel like to you.  

How do you want to feel?  Peaceful, calm, powerful, excited, creative, loved, competent?  Keep brainstorming and come up with how YOU want to feel, right now and every day.


Steps to Change Your Brain
Brain change self work
Do one every day this week.

1.  Imagine, brainstorm, dream.....call it what you like.  
Change what?  Do that?  Become who?

2.  Write it down.  Clear and simple. 
I will....I want to...I will feel.....

3.  List the reasons why you want to change, at least three.  
Be my true self....for my health... excitement in my life...make a difference in the world.

4.  Create a plan. How do I accomplish this? 
Babysteps, mini goals, daily goals.

5.  Do it!  Be accountable to yourself.
Stars on the calendar, graph paper, apps on smartphone.

6.  Stay conscious with your new energy.
Is it uncomfortable, unfamiliar, uncertain?  Then go back to #3...WHY?  
How do I want to feel?

7.  Get excited!  Keep reminding your brain of the change. 
Use pictures, notes, words, vision boards, where you see them daily.  
Play inspirational music or motivational talks while your drive or exercise.


What you are doing is important.

It is possible to change your brain.

Transform your life.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Becky. Will checkin on a daily basis! You have talents. You make people want to be happy and be a better person.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous Pam,

    Thank you for leaving a comment. I often wonder if what I say is making a difference. I am glad it has touched your life. I only post weekly on the blog but have a Happiness Whisperer page on Facebook, so be sure to check it out. I am a Happiness Teacher with Hapacus also and have a couple of online classes coming up. Check out the website at www.hapacus.com for details.
    Savoring your comment,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete