Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Happiness Whisperer Week 52!

Confetti.....balloons.....trumpet sounds and a parade!
This is week fifty two for the Happiness Whisperer blog.
There have been 3421 page views.
I am amazed that many countries besides the United States have viewed this blog including Germany, Indonesia, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Turkey, South Korea, Poland, France and Malaysia.
The most popular post is To Be Better.
Coming in second is Meditation.

When I started writing this blog I had just retired from a high stress, negative career in a prison.
My first post was written after I set up this blog by following the steps from a library book.  I mentioned that the United Nations had declared March 20, 2013 the first annual International Day of Happiness.  We are days away from celebrating the second one and I am happily planning.

I made a pledge to "create more happiness in the world around me."  I have written about world events such as the Boston Marathon Bombing, the Oklahoma Tornado, and the Dalai Lama's birthday.  Gumption was a fun topic and still talked about.  Family Greed came with a warning label that it was not a "happy" post.

I have shared the science of happiness, tidbits from my own life, advice and have tried to be true to my mission:

Spread happiness, make a difference, change the world, 
one person at a time.

I have not written for money, posted ads, sold my soul, or competed for awards-this is done for love.
Love and hope that any person I reach with these blog posts can learn something, make a positive impact and the ripple of happiness will continue.  I believe:

What we give, we receive.

This saying is a simple way to define my idea of karma.  
Karma originated from Sanskrit Karman which translates to action, effect, fate. 

As I look back at this year of the Happiness Whisperer blog I am proud of what I have accomplished. Every week I write to touch lives, educate, inform and express my hope for happiness for the world.  Every week I receive satisfaction and happiness to be the Happiness Whisperer.  
As I closed that first blog fifty two weeks ago-

Stay tuned to learn how to be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment