Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Retreat

Last week was the International Day of Happiness and it was wonderful.  This week is kind of a let down from all the excitement and busy days.  I am feeling slower and less inspired so I tried to come up with a word to describe how I was feeling about life and the ebb and flow.

I love to play with words, especially words that have double meaning.

This week my word is retreat.

I need to pull back from being busy.
I have too many things on my to-do list.
I want to change my plans.
Withdraw from life.

I need some solitude.
I want to escape, go into seclusion.
I am looking for a refuge.

Every day I show up and I try to be authentic.  Today I feel like I need to fake it to make it.  As a Happiness Whisperer I probably shouldn't feel like this.  Spreading happiness is not always easy.

I don't want to write this blog.
I don't want to gather quotes for my Facebook quotes.
I don't want to plan the next Happiness Whisperer Meetup.
I don't want to solve any problems.
I don't want to mediate family squabbles.
I don't want to listen to negative conversations.
I don't want to absorb anyone else's energy.
My inner mean girl is giving me a lot of negative expectations of what I could and should be accomplishing.  Sometimes it is not always possible to make a difference or change the world as my mission states.

My word for the year: 
Enough.
As.Much.As.Required.
Sufficient
Adequate
Ample
Plenty of 
Necessary

What would enough look like?

I am writing myself a prescription for a retreat.

I will keep the commitments that I have.
No new ones.
Banish the negative inner mean girl voice.
Read positive affirmations.
Loving movement for my body.
Healthy food, including chocolate.
Extra sleep.
Mindfulness.
Read a fluffy book.
Get rid of "shoulds".
Make a list of what I can do for pleasure.
Make time for being outside.
Patio pondering.
Do nothing.

I'm learning.
I've come a long way.
I release my expectations.
Enough. 
Join me.  
Schedule a retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment