Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Love

This week there is a holiday some of us adore-Valentine's Day.  
It is all about love, caring and friendship.
My favorite shape is even a heart.  
The day is filled with chocolate, flowers and blown out of proportion expectations.  
In our mind and imagination we have a vision of how this day should be.  
I say change your mind and let's celebrate self-love instead.   

I just found out about a book called Madly in Love With Me.  The author, Christine Arylo, says she is the Queen of Self-Love.  Some of her ideas really appeal to me:

  • Rest is good.
  • I am enough.
  • Busy and multi-tasking is not a badge to earn.
  • Stop unrealistic expectations.
  • Throw away the self sacrifice manual.
  • It is better to give and receive.
February 13 is the International Day of Self Love.  

At her website there is a Self-Love Tree that has roots of self worth and many branches including:
Acceptance, Care, Trust, Awareness, 
Compassion & Forgiveness, 
Empowerment, 
Honor & Respect, 
Esteem, 
Expression, Pleasure
  
She asks us to choose one of the branches from the Self-Love Tree and then make a pact to work on it all year.


I am choosing pleasure as my branch to work on.   

It isn't the great big pleasures that count the most; it's making a great deal out of the little ones.  
-Jean Webster

Her mantra:  I will never settle for less than my heart and soul's desire.
We should all be thinking of ways to understand what our heart and soul desires and then how to make it become your truth. 
Pick one of the branches of Self-Love and celebrate. 

If you do this on February 13 then you will already be filled with love and your expectations and vision for Valentine's Day will not be as important.  Buy yourself some chocolate, make a special dinner, listen to your favorite music, take a nap.  Write a list of 10 things you love about yourself.  Get a massage or a pedicure.  Plan a vacation or write a chapter in your book.  The thing is to give yourself what you need.  I will listen to what my heart and soul desire.  

I love me
and 
chocolate is good too!    



No comments:

Post a Comment