Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thongs


I have had these thongs for over 40 years.  
They have been water skiing.
They have been camping.
They have been to many pools.
They have gone on many vacations.
They have been in closets and out.
They have been packed for every move.
They have made every cut in decluttering.
They are not perfect.
There is a tear in the left one.
They are good enough.
In this picture they are buried in the sand but surrounded by beauty.
Kind of like life...surrounded by beauty but feeling a little buried.
My girls are horrified that I call them thongs.
They tell me they are flip flops.
I would be horrified if anyone thought I wore a thong.
So meet my new "old" flip flops.
They were with me this weekend to celebrate my birthday at the ocean!

How old is a treasure that you have hung onto?


No comments:

Post a Comment