Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Superpowers


What would you attempt 
to do 
if you knew 
you could not fail? 

The other night I asked my two daughters this question. We each had different answers, that ranged from strictly personal goals to ending world suffering and sickness.  It makes me think about lots of ideas that would be fun and could make the world better too.  

I think to really have this be possible we would need a few superpowers:

  • Controlling Weather...drought here in California needs some help.
  • Eat Anything...oh my...be still my heart...imagine!
  • Flight...kind of boring.
  • Mind Control....now we're talking.
  • Spider Webs...ok for Halloween.
  • Time Travel...could really mess up the past which then affects the future.
  • X Ray Vision...would I still need to wear my contact lens?
  • Super-Hearing, Speed, and Strength...all have been done before.
We are attracted to Superman, Captain America, Iron Man, BatMan, Green Lantern and others because of their superpowers.   My personal favorite is Wonder Woman. I mean, a Lasso of Truth?  Can it get any better? What I could do with a Lasso of Truth! 

Superhero superpowers are conducive to making the world a better place. 
But I think we can make the world better just using our own superpowers.
Kindness, empathy and love are a good place to start.
Throw in making a decision to be happy and taking action.
Add smiling which  has some superpower benefits and we can use it every day. 

We also have some evil superpowers like guilt and shame.  Those are not helping us or the world. We need to use that famous Lasso of Truth and banish them. Only positive Superpowers are used in my story. Creative license, you know.  

Happiness is a superpower.  
It blazes and inflicts positivity until we have a new reality.  
Be a super hero and choose happiness.
Make a difference.
Change the world.


What would you attempt to do if you knew 
you could not fail? 
AND
What superpowers would you use to accomplish it?




No comments:

Post a Comment