Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pool Time

Pleasure in the summer for me...is pool time.  
When I was growing up we had a community pool.
We could only go there with an adult.
They usually didn't want to stay very long.
For me, it was never long enough.

Now I am very lucky to have a pool in my backyard.
Some years we use it a lot.
Some years we barely do.
Crazy.
This year I am in the pool almost daily.
By myself.
No one else.
Sometimes Sadie is laying in the shade but often it is too hot for her to stay.
It is fun by myself. 
But I also miss the pool chats and games with my daughters and their friends. 

Yesterday I did a walking meditation in the pool.
Seriously.  
I turned on my iPhone to the Happier app and counted 100 steps.
It was amazing. 
I think it was a random act of fitness!
Sometimes I count my strokes as I swim, kiddie corner across the pool.  
Sometimes I sit on a noodle and paddle around.  
Sometimes I float on my back, looking at the clouds.
Sometimes I float, holding my breath and look at the bottom of the pool......



It is a constantly changing prism of light.  
It is beautiful.  
It is awesome. 
It is relaxing.  
It is better than meditating.    

It is such a simple thing.  Floating....I feel like my hotness, crankiness, problems and stress just float away.  I have been in the pool the last 4 days in a row and many before that but not in a row.   I stay in there a long time.  I get out when I want to get out. 

I am very thankful I have a pool.
Summer pleasure is pool time for me.
Did I mention how thankful I am to have a pool?

What is bringing you pleasure this summer?
Maybe next week I will write about ice cream.....


No comments:

Post a Comment