Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Right Size

Every year I choose a new theme and word.  
It serves as a gentle nudging and a reminder.  
It keeps me mindful. 
It guides me to where I am going. 
It is prompts me to do what I want to be doing. 


Last year 
my 
word 
was 
MORE.

It was a cry from my soul for sleep, calm, quiet, peace, me time, reading, self-care, creativity, exercise, healthy food which all leads to MORE happiness.  
It was a good word.

This year my word is ENOUGH.

It is about balance, just right, not more. 
Enough time to be, to hear, to listen, to do nothing, to do everything. 
It is about being healthy,  having abundance, savoring peaceful moments, living a purposeful life and some YIPPEE moments!  
And that spells 
HAPPY.

My theme last year was a question-How Can I?
How can I live my best life?
How can I get through this stressful week?
How can I support my family?
How can I make a difference?
Every week I would brainstorm and come up with what I wanted to concentrate on.

This year 
my theme 
is 
Right Size. 

It is about creating a life that uniquely fits and satisfies me with the greatest amount of joy and contentment with the least amount of stress and worry.

I plan to go through every cupboard and closet in my house.  
I will be ruthless and get rid of clutter.  
I will clean and shine.  
There are many papers, knick knacks and memorabilia to delight and decide on.  
It is a big job.  
It is not easy.  
I started in the kitchen and have accomplished 3 cupboards so far.  
Those cupboards are amazing.  
They have what we need, not more or less.  
They are shiny.  
It is enough. 

When I thought of this word I was planning on figuring out what rooms for what month and a method for daily progress but that was last year....more.....this is enough.  I do it when I can and it is enough.  

The Right Size theme is for my life.  
Clutter, body, time, Happiness Whisperer, activities, reading, wasting time and rest. 

I do enough.
I have enough.
I am enough. 
  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment